How do I design my Personalized Card?
Login to Online Banking and click on your VISA card number.
How much does it cost?
Your first Personalized Card creation is free! After that, you may change your photo as many times as you wish for $8.95 each time.
Will creating a Personalized Card change my expiration date?
Yes. Your Personalized Card(s) will come with a different expiration date. If you have any merchants set up for recurring withdrawals through your VISA credit card, you will need to notify the merchant of the change in your expiration date when your Personalized
Card arrives. For accounts with multiple cardholders, a card for each user will be issued when a Personalized Card is requested. This ensures that each cardholder receives a card with the new expiration date.
Can my joint owner or additional user have a different photo on their VISA Card?
Yes. You can upload a unique photo to each card, but it is not required. When a Personalized Card is created, additional cardholders on the account can go in and create their own Personalized Card on the same day. If the other cardholder(s) chooses not to
upload their own images on the same day, they will receive a reprint of their current
card or our standard VISA card image. For security and processing purposes, there must be 60 days between card orders on your account. For this reason, it is always best to have all cardholders on an account create their Personalized Cards on
the same day.
When will I get my new card?
Your new card will be mailed to you and will arrive within 2-3 weeks. You can continue using your current HAPO VISA card until your Personalized Card arrives; destroy your old card once you receive and activate your new card.
Can I change my photo?
Yes. You can change your photo as many times as you wish. For security and processing reasons, there must be at least 60 days between card orders on your account. The $8.95 fee will be charged for each new Personalized Card you order.
I don't use Online Banking, can I do this at my local branch?
This service is currently only available through Online Banking, our online banking system. Stop by your local branch or call us at 509-943-5676 to enroll today!
Where does my digital photo need to be stored?
Your digital photo needs to be stored on your computer so you can upload it to the Personalized Card Designer.
How will I know if my image is approved or denied?
You will receive an email confirmation.
What format does the digital photo need to be in?
The photo needs to be a high resolution .JPG, TIFF, or .BMP.
What file size does my digital photo need to be?
Use a high quality image - the better your image, the better your final card will look. Low resolution photos, photos that are stretched, and dark photos will not print well. Images should be at least 480x480 pixels.
What images are acceptable?
HAPO reserves the right to refuse any image submitted in conjunction with the Personalized Card service. Examples of unacceptable images include, but are not limited to, images that include or depict:
- Trademarks, logos, slogans, company names, copyrighted material or brands of any third party (including abbreviations, acronyms, logos or related symbols)
- Advertising or promotional material, or branded products
- Celebrities, actors, musicians, cartoons, politicians, professional sports teams or professional athletes
- Phone numbers, addresses, URL addresses, account numbers or Personal Identification Numbers (PINS)
- Images HAPO deems provocative, sexual, violent, or otherwise offensive
- Nudity or semi-nudity
- Profanity or obscenities
- Alcohol, tobacco, firearms
- Images which show illegal or anti-social behavior
- Culturally insensitive images
- Images which display the opinions or beliefs of extreme political, religious, or socially unacceptable groups, (e.g. gangs, supremacy, etc.)
- Images that may interfere with the security features of the card
- Any image HAPO deems unacceptable to be associated with HAPO Community Credit Union
What kind of images work best for my Personalized Card?
To ensure your Personalized HAPO VISA Card has the highest quality image, please take these suggestions into consideration:
- Use digital photography images that are taken in a daylight setting or with flash photography.
- Avoid images taken in low light.
- Use high-resolution images.
- Increasing the scale of a small picture may result in lower image clarity.
- Photos taken underwater can create unpredictable results.
- A dark background to a light foreground can create blurriness in the image. For example, photos that are taken in a low light room with a flash.
- Avoid images with fine detail and copy.
- Try not to use images that contain a lot of solid colors.