RATE AND FEE SCHEDULE ON INVESTMENTS EFFECTIVE April 24, 2017
This rate and fee schedule sets forth the conditions on your IRA and Certificate Accounts at HAPO Community Credit Union. The Credit Union may offer other rates or amend the rates contained in the schedule from time to time. Each account holder agrees to the terms set forth on the Rate Schedule and acknowledges that it is a part of the Account Agreement.
View Additional Certificate Accounts and IRA Certificates
Certificate Accounts and IRA Certificates
Annual Percentage Yield
Minimum Balance to Earn Dividends
Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all of the accounts:
1. Rate Information: The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield on your accounts are set forth above. For Fixed Rate Certificate accounts, the Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield are fixed and will be in effect for the initial term and reset for any renewal term of the account. For all Certificate accounts, the Annual Percentage Yield is based on an assumption that interest will remain on deposit until maturity. A withdrawal of dividends will reduce earnings.
2. Nature of Dividends: The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield set forth above are the prospective rates that the Credit Union anticipates paying for the applicable dividend period.
3. Compounding and Crediting: Certificate Dividends will be compounded and credited quarterly and at maturity.
4. Balance Information: The minimum balance required to open each account is set forth above. For all accounts, dividends are calculated by the average daily balance method. Dividends are calculated by applying a periodic rate to the average daily balance in the account for the dividend period. Adding the full amount of the principal in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of the days in the period determine the average daily balance.
5. Early Withdrawal Penalty: We may impose a penalty if you withdraw any of the principal of your Certificate or IRA account before the maturity date.
Amount of Penalty: For Certificate and IRA Certificate accounts, the amount of the withdrawal penalty is based on the penalty schedule: Terms of 24-36 months – 180 days dividends, Terms of 48 months – 270 days dividends and Terms of 60 months or more - 365 days dividends
How the Penalty Works: The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the interest that has been or would be earned at the stated rate on the account. It applies whether or not the interest has been earned. In other words, if the account has not yet earned enough interest or if the interest has already been paid; the penalty will be deducted from the principal. The penalty will be based on the amount of the withdrawal.
Exceptions to Early Withdrawal Penalties: At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty under the following circumstances:
When an account owner dies or is determined legally incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction.
6. Renewal Policy: Certificate and IRA accounts are automatically renewable accounts. At maturity, your Certificate will convert to the Credit Union’s standard rate Certificate for the term you are currently invested in. You may contact the Credit Union at maturity to obtain the Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield for renewal term. You have a grace period of ten (10) business days after maturity in which to withdrawal funds in the account without being charged an early withdrawal penalty.
7. Nontransferable/Nonnegotiable: Your account is nontransferable and nonnegotiable. The funds in your account may not be pledged to secure any obligation of any owner, except obligations within the Credit Union.
8.Beneficiary Designation: You have the option to make a separate beneficiary designation for any certificate of deposit you hold at HAPO, with the exception of an IRA certificate. This beneficiary designation would be separate from, not in addition to, any beneficiary designation made on your main account card. If you choose to not designate a separate beneficiary for your certificate, it would follow any beneficiary designation made on your main account card.
9.Add on Feature: No add-on deposits are allowed.
This disclosure is specific to the limited-time CD/IRA specials. This offer cannot be redeemed with any other Certificate promotional specials including, but not limited to Anniversary CD offers. All product rates and terms are subject to change without notice. This is a Limited time offer. A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal.