A little history about HAPO
We are often asked what "HAPO" stands for. HAPO is an acronym for Hanford Atomic Products Operations. HAPO was formed by a group of non-exempt workers at the Hanford nuclear site in 1953 to provide a place to save and borrow money.
Our first office was located in Kadlec Hospital. When we opened our doors for business, it was with one employee and were only open on Saturday's from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. We remained at the Kadlec until 1956.
Today, HAPO continues to prosper and provide financial services to our 170,000 members within Washington State and Umatilla, Morrow, Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Gilliam, Hood River, Multnomah, Sherman, Wasco, and Washington Counties in the state of Oregon. We strive to promote credit union relevance and ultimately deliver the best value to our membership.
Become a Member